Saturday, April 12, 2008

Austin's Green Photographers, La Dolce Vita!

I am so excited to announce that as of today La Dolce Vita Photography is a carbon neutral business! We are thrilled to be able to do our part in preserving the environment and reducing our ecological footprint. As many of you know a big part of what we do as photographers after we create an image is to make prints or an album. Producing these items involves the use of materials such as paper, inks, leather etc. as well as the transportation to their final destination. For example, fuji crystal photographic paper is made in South Carolina, it is then shipped to a reseller somewhere in the United States and then to my pro photography lab in Los Angeles. When my prints are ready the lab ships them to Austin where I give them the o.k. and send them out to clients. If I'm making an album the prints go back to California where an album is assembled before being shipped back to me and finally going out to my client. Phew! That's a lot of  energy spent shipping around! Or a lot of carbon emitted to make the things I make as a photographer. By partnering with Carbonfund.org I am offsetting my carbon footprint by investing in projects, like reforestation & renewable energy, that help reduce global carbon emissions.
For those of you who are interested in learning more  please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_footprint
or check out
www.carbonfund.org

La Dolce Vita

No comments: